Dr. Brittany Brower grew up in Greensboro, North Carolina. She graduated summa cum laude from North Carolina State University with a B.S. in Human Biology and a Minor in Health. She earned her medical degree from Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine in Illinois where she graduated as valedictorian. Dr. Brower completed a three-year foot and ankle surgical residency at John Peter Smith Hospital, a level 1 trauma center in Fort Worth, Texas. She has comprehensive training in trauma, diabetic limb salvage, elective surgery, and reconstructive foot and ankle surgery. She is an Associate of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. Dr. Brower and her husband met while attending NCSU and are huge Wolfpack fans! She loves running, snowboarding, and traveling the world with her husband.
Associate: American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
Graduate: B.S., Human Biology & Minor in Health, North Caroline State University, Raleigh, NC - Summa Cum Laude.
Doctor of Podiatric Medicine: Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine, North Chicago, IL - Valedictorian.
Residency: Podiatric Medicine and Surgery Residency with Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery, John Peter Smith Hospital, Fort Worth, TX
Active Staff: ***
Community Involvement: ***
Memberships: American Podiatric Medical Association, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, North Carolina Foot and Ankle Society, American Association for Women PodiatristsEducational Coursework:
- International Foot and Ankle Foundation Ankle Arthroscopy Course, August 2018
- Zimmer Biomet Trabecular Metal Total Ankle Replacement Course, June 2018
- Integra Cadence Total Ankle Replacement Lab, June 2018
- Instructor at ACFAS Ankle Fracture Cadaver Lab, March 2018
- Orthofix Charcot Solutions Course, February 2018
- AO Basic & Advanced Courses, March & August 2017
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Certified, 2016
- Women in Podiatry and Medicine. Clinics in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery: Updates in Implants for Foot and Ankle Surgery: 35 Years of Clinical Perspectives. Chapter 13. 23 July 2019.
- Retrograde Dorsalis Pedis Angiosomal Flow Compromised by Small Puncture Wound Leading to Transmetatarsal Amputation. The Foot. February, 2019.
- The Podiatric Medical Profession: A Gender Comparison. The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery, publication pending.
- 1st place poster presentation, APMA. July 2019.
- 1st place manuscript winner & 3rd place poster winner, TPMA. October 2018.
- Total Metatarsophalangeal Joint Implant Arthroplasty For Hallux Rigidus, a Short Term Follow-Up. Poster and Oral Presentation, March & June 2018
- Qualitative Assessment of Medical School Coursework Received by Third and Fourth Year Medical Students for the Treatment and Prevention of Childhood Obesity.
- 1st place poster winner, NCSU Research Symposium. April 2012.